Monday, November 08, 2004

Still Reigning

This weekend was delightfully dark.
The weather was cold and overcast. Ideal conditions for my vampyric nature. I decided to catch up on a video game that I started about a year ago.
It has been difficult to muster up any interest in my games since last spring, when I moved into the castle.
Being on top of the mountain, there is a constant exposure to the sun.
It was easier when I lived in the cave, half way down the mountain.
It was always dark.
I will , however, welcome the warming solar rays when the temps drop down to 20 degrees, but except for that, the light annoys me.
I finished the video game. Killed the bad guy and saved the world.
Planet Dandy is safe from evil once more... Almost.
Enter SLAYER, demonic rock band.
They filmed their performance, which I attended, in Augusta Maine, this last summer.
Having been there, I couldn't wait to get the DVD and was happy to see my tortured face in the crowd down front.
I will now live forever in the annals of Rock n'Roll history.
I have tickets to see them again next week.
Yeah, I'll be down front!
One quirky observation of mine about SLAYER.
Their last album was called, "God Hates Us All", and that was released on 9-11-2001. (yes, that very day)
The new DVD, Reign in Blood, LIVE. "Still Reigning", was released on 11-2-2004. Election Day!
Still Reigning?
Get it?
(Four more years of Evil?)
I don't think I can fight "that" evil with my video games...
but playing them...
may help me forget.

No comments: