Friday, March 04, 2005

STARFUCKERS, INC.


I remember a time when a person actually had to stand in line overnight to get tickets to a Rock Concert!
Today, I sat at a computer and counted down the seconds to 5:00 p.m. when Nine Inch Nails tickets would go on sale.
I signed into my Ticketmaster account to save valuable time and then, with sweaty hands, watched the clock tick down, waiting for the "Now On Sale" to appear.
3...2...1...
It was my strategy to buy two tickets for the Thursday show, then snatch up two tickets to the Friday show, both taking place in Boston on May 12th and 13th.
What happened was, during the five minutes it took to buy the Thursday tickets, the Friday show had sold out already!
In fact, every show in the country went on sale at the same time and sold out in minutes!
Broken...
At first I was annoyed, because I really wanted to see both shows.
Hey, I'm greedy, ok?
I mean, if I'm driving all the way to Boston to see a the hottest band in the world, a band that only tours about once every five years...
Well...#$%@!!!
I'm getting myself worked up again, so let me just sum this up with a positive note.
At 5:oo this afternoon Nine Inch Nails tickets went on sale across the country, and within 10 minutes, all shows were sold out!
At this very minute Nine Inch Nails tickets are being offered on eBay for as much as $600.00!
I am happy (and lucky) to have two tickets.
A lot of fans are going to miss out on the tour of the year.
A lot of fans are going to pay scalpers a lot to be there.
Me?
I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails in Boston!
I paid 30 Bucks per ticket...
and I didn't have to stand in line.
...Fixed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sucks, but when demand exceeds supply by that much, a lot of people
are going to be shit out of luck. people like to blame the scalpers,
but even without them the tickets would still be hard to get. glad
you were able to have some success.
---meathead

Anonymous said...

What a fucking, fuck!!! You don't deserve to see N.I.N.!!! You're gonna burn in hell!!! See you there! >:)