Sunday, March 27, 2005

Somewhere Over the Wood Stove

It's Easter.
I cooked a ham and some sweet potatoes.
I did it all on my wood stove.
I Thought it would be a good day to drink wine as well.
Being the lover of a good theme day, I watched The Last Temptation of Christ and The Passion of the Christ.
My perennial favorite for Easter is Life of Brian, but it was not available this year.
I didn't do anything with eggs today.
I didn't color, look for, or cook eggs today.
In fact, I completely skipped breakfast and went straight for Mamosas!
Is there a point to all of this, you ask?
No, should there be, say I?
Remember,
I had wine for breakfast so
a sudden change in topic should be of no surprise either.
Did you ever just suddenly notice that your hair is longer?
I mean, it grows the same every day.
Then suddenly one day you look in the mirror and say,
"Holy Shit! My hair is longer!"
It's like in The Wizard of Oz.
When they filmed that, Judy Garlands hair gradually got longer.
Her pony tails were just touching her shoulders when they started filming. Later on they were hanging down to her breasts.
In some places, they had to go back and re shoot parts of the movie and if you watch close, you can see her hair go from short to long in the same scene.
That's what I thought of this morning when I realized that my hair was suddenly down to my nipples.
So...
that was my day.
I watched two crucifixions, Hammed it up, and watched my hair grow.
Now, if I click my slippers together three times...
There's no plate like ham.
There's no plate like ham.
There's no plate like ham.

No comments: