Saturday, November 05, 2005

Tainted Love

A Random Rambling Rant

About 2 years ago, when I lived in the cabin that's a little ways down the hill, I was so into movies.
I would look forward to the new movie to be released on DVD and put it in my player.
I would run it thru the previews and right up to where the movie starts...Then, I would pause it.
This is where I would get about three of my favorite beverages and line up the remote controls.
One trip to the bathroom and I'm ready to rock!
After making sure that there are no smudges on my glasses, I would push [PLAY].
The rest was pure non stop 5.1 surround sound pleasure.
Somehow, now that I've been working in a video store for a couple years, I can't seem to focus on a movie for very long.
The very best of the bunch, I can. The new Indy flix and a lot of the foreign films are usually good.
But your general main stream grossed a hundred million dollar movies...Suck.
Now I bring home all of the new releases every weekend. The movies that are not available to rent until the following Tuesday. And I play them all, sometimes without ever hardly looking at the television. I get so easily distracted. Then later, back at the store, everyone wants to know if the new movies are any good..
"Did you see this? Is it good?"
"Dunno," I say. "I didn't watch it."
Oh well, the only reason I brought all of this up is that I was watching T.V. a few minutes ago and my cat was all curled up to me, and I got up for no reason that I could think of.
So, I made drink, looked in the woodstove, nibbled a bit, started typing on this thing, then wondered where my cat was.
Oh!, she's still layin there watchin T.V. and lookin at me like... "Where the hell did you go? Like I got nothin better to do than lay here keeping you warm! I didn't even want this movie, I wanted to rent Mouse Hunt!"
Meanwhile, this weeks hot new release is playing in the background. Lucky me. Maybe I should watch it. Maybe it's good.
Maybe I'll never know.
Maybe I should dust the book shelves.

No comments: