Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Higher Ground


Day five.
The deluge continues.
I am not concerned about the rain that persists its attack. I live on high ground.
Although there is some occasional flooding of a side street down in the village, it too, is on a hill and everything ends up in the ocean...Eventually.
Everything.
Earlier this spring it rained for almost an entire month. That was in June and it affected the whole summer. Gardens were flooded or planted too late and schedules in general were all thrown off balance. It has left me feeling out of synch.
Now, I only wonder if this will have any effect on the winter.
I was actually looking forward to a fresh season for a fresh start. I just wasn't planning on building an ark.
Still, it is soothing hearing the rain on the roof at night, and there is no glare on the t.v. in the day. Those are good things.
Oh well, it just goes to show.
Just when it seems that there's nothing else to talk about...
there is always the weather, and even I, am not above that.
Let it rain.
It's all downhill from here!

No comments: