Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Fa La, La La, Lush

Dear Diary.
Why does it seem that the less that I do, the more I can find to write about?
As of late, I have been too busy having fun, therefore, finding less time to write about it all.
Well, this may make me late for work but let me tell you about my Christmas.
It was good.
I cooked a turkey with potatoes and gravy and all the usual side dishes, including candied sweet potatoes.
This was almost a disaster when I woke up early with a hangover and the oven wouldn't light. After some frustration and a few cuss words, I remedied that problem by pouring hot water over the gas tank outside in case something was frozen up. I was grasping for straws with that one, but I was desperate, and it worked!
I moved on to some Jack Daniels and egg nog for breakfast, then rest of the day went smooth.
To complete the Christmas atmosphere, I set out trays of nuts, and cheese and crackers.
Fortunately my friend, D-Mac, showed up to spend the holiday with me and help consume it all.
Between eating and drinking,we filled any empty space in the weekend by watching all of the next weeks new release videos and playing on the computer.
Unfortunately, there was no snow. Not even a cloud in the sky, and if you know me, you know how much I love a nasty day.
Oh well. Come Monday morning, when I had to travel down the mountain and to the village, there was snow a plenty.
Now the New Years weekend is almost upon us and I hope for an equally entertaining time.
Let the cocktails flow!
I still have a cheeselog.

No comments: