Thursday, August 10, 2006

I've Got Blisters On My Fingers!

Damn!
I've finaly given up on summer and have elected to dedicate my spare time to the masacre of my wood piles. That meaning the chainsawing of my fire wood for my winter heat.
It's all piled up and split, all I have to do is cut each piece in half so it will fit into my wood stove, and then stack it neatly in my wood sheds.
I started today as a normal work day so that I would get an early start and make use of my morning energy. I usualy fizzle out after a few hours even though I can be on my feet indefinately. (My normal day spans 11 to 14 hours from the time I leave for work until the time I get home.) I had my coffee and eggs and spent a relaxing few minutes of quality time with my cat, and then, all energetic and raring to go, I set out to tackle my chores.

My chainsaw won't start.

I know from experience that if I don't start it just right the first time, it won't start at all.
I also know that if it doesnt start right the first time, I will keep yanking on the damn cord until I am out of breath and my back is screaming at me. Not that I can actualy hear my back screaming over the sound of my own verbal outbreaks of the colorful language that is synonamous with Turets Syndrom.

Anyways, here I am now, venting to the computer as an alternative to breaking something.
I do feel a little better now, though.
I will give the chainsaw a little more time to heal it's own stuborn way and try again when we've both cooled down a bit.

In the meantime, two of my fingers are bleading from broken blisters acrued this morning as a result of my first attempt at the Planet Dandy Chainsaw Massacre.
Oh well, now it looks like rain.
I'll give it another try before the weather talks me into blowing the whole thing off.
First I need to lick my wounds...
and then I'll Git' er Done!

No comments: