Thursday, September 08, 2005

Igor Found Dead

Crisis struck Planet Dandy last weekend when Igor, the Planet Dandy computer, was found dead.
"It happened so sudden", commented a distrought Jim Dandy. " It was working fine Friday night, then when I tried to turn it on Saturday morning...Nothing! I'm in a state of shock! Every other thing that I do here in Castle Dandy, involves the computer. From using my digital camera and printer, to checking the weather and communicating with my friends on other planets. It could take me months to be able to afford a replacement. How am I going to blog? I wasn't prepared for this."
No memorial service is planned until a full autopsy can determine the actual cause of death. Any donations would be welcomed at;

Planet Dandy Relief Fund
c/o Jim Dandy
P.O. Box 945
Belfast, Maine 04915

Epilogue...
This obituary was hand written by me Monday morning.
It was my plan to use the computer at the public library in the village to post it, so you, dear readers, would know why I was absent from the blogging community.
The library was closed for Labor Day. Damn.
I went to work.
Another unfortunate event on that same day was actualy responsible for me being able to finally post this from my home today.
A friend died Monday afternoon.
So, after me bitching all day about my computer biting the big burrito and wishing I could afford a new one...
it seems that I have inherited his laptop.
Awkward.
Be careful what you wish for.

1 comment:

jim dandy said...

Needless to say,
I don't need money for a new computer now...
but, I can allways use more beer money!
and that's how I spell RELIEF.
Keep those cards and letters coming in!