Thursday, March 09, 2006

Outa Sync

Aah! It's a beautiful grey cloudy day. Ideal conditions for just laying around and watching the television. The trouble is that I have nothing new to watch. I also have a thousand things I want to get done around the house today.
My plan today was to clean all of the unessential electronic junk away from my computer area here in the kitchen to make room for my new computer that will arrive tomorrow. This would entail cleaning my bedroom to make room for some of the stuff, and eventually rearranging the dungeon as part of the domino effect that occurs during such an operation.
But alas, I have not the energy nor the motivation. I'm tired even just thinking about it.
Typical.
That's o.k., I can roll with the punches. I work best under pressure anyways. I can manage being lazy today. I will lay around watching movies that I don't feel like watching. I will eat and I will drink. I will make my hay when the sun shines and today is not the day.
Today, I will enjoy myself.
Before I started writing this I was feeling guilty about not doing anything productive but somehow I've managed to feel good about it. Nothing is something I can do. Viva la laziness!

"The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished."--Ben Franklin

No comments: