Saturday, May 07, 2005

Rainy Day Dream Away

"Rainy day rain all day
Ain't no use in gettin' uptight
Just let it groove its own way
Let it drain Your worries away
Lay back and groove on a rainy day
Lay back and dream on a rainy day"
---Jimi Hendrix
Perfect words for a perfect day. The weekend is upon me and it will rain all day today and tomorrow. It's darkly tranquil on my mountain top. The field is turning lush green. A hint of the summer that approaches and a fitting contrast to the charcoal skies above.The trees almost seem to form leaves as I watch. My world is in slow motion.
The fire in my woodstove is like the last breath of a dying friend whose company I will soon miss. For now, though, the comfort of the heat on a cold rainy day is a guilty pleasure.
Music assaults my senses from all directions as the trees outside slam dance to the wind.
The forest is alive.
Neither happy or angry.
Just moving.
Moshing.
[WITH_TEETH]

No comments: